9/15/2004

Joseph H. Williams

Williams, Joseph H.
b.11/28/1845; d.9/15/1920.
USA.
Marlow cemetery; Stephens County, OK.

I know nothing about Joseph except that he was a
Tennessee-born veteran and that he married a woman
by the name of "Mary J." (b.3/10/1855 in MO;
d.3/10/1942) in 1872. According to 1910 Stephens
Co., OK census, he and Mary lived in the Brown
Township of Stephens County.

I'm dependant on Dale Talkington's book The Long
Blue Line
as my sole source of info for his service in
the Union Army. And with a name as common as "J.H.
Williams," it's very difficult to narrow him down, even
if I assume he served in a Tennessee outfit (an
assumption I'm not going to make). There is no indication
of his military service on his gravestone.

Any further information on Joseph's life before, during
or following the war would be greatly appreciated.